Great News! Congratulations!!
Bio and Emerging Technology institute Director General, Dr Kassahun Tesfaye elected as vice president of the board of governors of the International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB). In the Twenty-ninth Session of the ICGEB Board of Governors being held on 10 and 11 May, 2023 in Cape Town, South Africa., Dr Kassahun Tesfaye has been elected as vice president of the board of directors of ICGEB for 2024-25.
In his acceptance speech, Dr Kassahun said ‘Extremely honored and humbled to be vice president elect. Thank you governors for putting trust in me. Looking forward for serving ICGEB with president elect HE Dr Jelena Begovic, STI minister of Republic of Serbia.’
The ICGEB is a unique intergovernmental organization initially established as a special project of UNIDO. Autonomous since 1994, it runs over 45 state-of-the-art laboratories, in Trieste, Italy, New Delhi, India and Cape Town, South Africa and forms an interactive network with almost 70 Member States, with operations are aligned to those of the United Nations System. It plays a key role in Biotechnology promoting Research excellence, Training, and Technology Transfer to industry, to contribute in concrete terms to sustainable global development. As a full member of ICGEB, Ethiopia can get the benefits listed below:-
- Access to advanced research facilities at Trieste-Italy, Cap Town-South Africa and New Delhi-India either free of charge or with modest cost;
- Participate in short-term and long-term training aimed at hands-on capacity-building for scientists and researchers;
- Participate in degree oriented international PhD programs at world renown academic institutions;
- Secure grant for relevant research projects of Ethiopian priority and beyond;
- Fostering the relationship between ICGEB and the industrial sector for the transfer of the know-how related to the production of biopharmaceuticals and other biotechnology derived products;
- Get professional advisory support in Biotechnology, Genetic Engineering and Biosafety.
It is well remembered that Ethiopia Become members of ICGEB since,2018…
Check out the links